Drinking too much alcohol increases people’s risk of injuries, violence, drowning, liver disease, and some types of cancer. This April during Alcohol Awareness Month, Birdsboro Pharmacy encourages you to educate yourself and your loved ones about the dangers of drinking too much.
The good news? We can all do our part to prevent alcohol misuse or abuse. Make a difference: Spread the word about strategies for preventing alcohol misuse or abuse and encourage communities, families, and individuals to get involved.
In Pennsylvania alone, drinking drivers contributed to 10,941 crashes, including 217 fatal crashes in 2012. To spread the word and prevent alcohol abuse, Birdsboro Pharmacy is joining other organizations across the country to honor Alcohol Awareness Month.
If you are drinking too much, you can improve your health by cutting back or quitting. Here are some strategies to help you cut back or stop drinking:
- Limit your drinking to no more than 1 drink a day for women or 2 drinks a day for men.
- Keep track of how much you drink.
- Don’t drink when you are upset.
- Avoid places where people drink a lot.
- Make a list of reasons not to drink.
- Talk with your kids about the risks of alcohol use.
If you are concerned about someone else’s drinking, offer to help.
- A list of PA County organizations can be found at this URL: http://www.aa.org/lang/en/central_offices.cfm?origpage=373&cmd=getgroups&state=Pennsylvania&country=United%20States
- If you need help there is always someone here to listen
For more information, visit Birdsboro Pharmacy, 330 W Main Street, Birdsboro, Pa 19508 (610)-582-4005