Medication Therapy Management
Overwhelmed by the number of drugs you take everyday?
As modern medicine continues to evolve, people are taking more and more medications to improve health and extend their quality life. Unfortunately, medications do not always work the way they should, and in some cases, they can cause adverse side effects if not taken properly.
You may ask yourself:
- Why am I taking these medications?
- Are there any side effects?
- Am I taking them in the right order and at the right time of day?
- Am I taking the right amount?
- Are my medications interacting with each other?
- Are my medications really making me feel better?
- If you are taking a large number of medications, and you’re concerned about possible drug interactions and side effects, Medication Therapy Management services from Birdsboro can help.
What is Medication Therapy Management?
Medication Therapy Management is a service provided by an experienced pharmacist. The pharmacist will meet with you one-on-one to review all of your medications to ensure that your current drug therapy is both safe and effective, and help you prevent potential life-threatening drug interactions and recommend the best pharmaceutical approach to disease management.
Rest assured, to your pharmacist you are not just another paying customer; you are a valued patient under their professional care. What they say and how they interact with you directly affects your health.
After reviewing your health status and treatment plan, your Medication Therapy Management pharmacist will make sure that:
- You are taking only the medications you need.
- You are taking the correct amount of medicine at the right time.
- Your medications are not interacting with each other.
- Any vitamins, supplements or over-the-counter drugs you are taking are safe and effective.
- You are not spending more than you need to for your medications.
As a patient, knowledge of your medicine is critical to optimize results in your health and avoid unnecessary adverse events.
Come visit our Pharmacy to learn more about Medication Therapy Management and how it can benefit your health!